Our journey. It started with a
This is our story. From the beginning to where we are today. Join the journey of our global expansion with the Zinzino health and wellness concept.
good CUP OF COFFEE
= INSPIRE CHANGE IN LIFE
- An agreement is signed with Rombouts to become the exclusive agent in the Northern European markets.
- Zinzino launches in May with the 123spresso machine delivered by the Belgian/French coffee house.
- Norway & Sweden were the first two countries to open. Denmark opened for sales in the fall of 2005.
- The name Zinzino was invented in a brainstorming session at the start of the company. We liked it especially well because it didn´t have a prior meaning attached and we could invent the meaning. Today we aspire to Inspire Change in Life for everyone that hears about Zinzino.
FIRST WE TOOK SWEDEN AND NORWAY - THEN WE TOOK FINLAND AND THE FAROE ISLAND
- The Finnish market was launched in 2006 and became the fourth market to open.
- While technically a part of Denmark, the Faroe Islands were opened as a separate market to Denmark in the fall of 2006.
AN OFFICE IN THE SECOND LARGEST CITY IN SWEDENMore staff were hired at the customer support in Gothenburg as we continued our focus on growing the sales in Scandinavia.
PREPARING FOR ESTABLISHING MORE MARKETS
- The new machine, Oh Expresso, was launched in four different colors.
- The new machine was an instant success and the sales grew.
- Iceland went into pre-launch. Zinzino had at this time established efficient routines for launching new markets in order to be able to launch more and more markets as the company continued to grow.
A GREAT YEAR FOR GREAT COFFEE
- In September 2009, Iceland is officially opened as our sixth market.
- Zinzino launched the first semi-automatic machine, which was also the first machine branded with the Zinzino name.
- The fully automatic SoPod machine was also launched alongside the Zinzino machine.
ON REQUEST, ANYONE COULD INVEST IN OUR COMPANY
- On September 20th, the company was made public and listed on Aktietorget, a stock exchange for small and medium-size companies in Sweden. The initial two trading weeks resulted in an increased share price of more than 20%. Now, anyone interested in investing in the company could buy and sell shares on a public trading platform.
- At the Annual Event in Gothenburg this year, the new Disco machine was launched. Sized as a fairly small machine (back in 2010) it was modernly white with LED lights that could change color, and it was also a fully automatic machine.
A NEW PART OF EUROPE AND A NEW CEO. AT THE SAME TIME
- The Baltic Markets: Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania were welcomed into the Zinzino family.
- Zinzino welcomed Dag Bergheim Pettersen as the new CEO.
Zinzino bought 6% of the Norwegian company BioActive Foods AS and got exclusivity to market their products and concept. This was the start of a new era and the start of Zinzino evolving into a health and wellness company. The Zinzino Balance Concept was born.
OVER THE OCEAN AND OVER THE TOP
- USA went into pre-launch with the Zinzino Balance Concept. Zinzino USA office in Jupiter, Florida, opened up for business with a USA Customer Support team.
- An incredible growth year. Fourth quarter the growth was over 100%.
RINGING THE BELL AT NASDAQ!
- In October at our Main Event we launched Xtend – our immune product that is designed to renew your skin, increase your energy and improve your bone and joint function.
- In October Zinzino bought 85% of Faun Pharma AS – a fully equipped plant in Norway with modern production and solid experience in product development of health, nutrition supplements and cosmetics. “For Zinzino this is a strategic investment that will provide major synergies with regard to expenses and will significantly improve margins”, said CEO Dag Bergheim Pettersen. This new facility is entirely new and this is where Zinzino from now on will research, develop and produce new products - efficiently and with high quality.
- In December we received a formal approval for listing on Nasdaq First North.
- Zinzino acquired BioActive Foods and was now the sole owner with 100 percent of the shares. This increased control enabled growth and expansion with the Zinzino Balance Concept.
ONE OF THE 25 LARGEST AND MOST ACTIVELY TRADED COMPANIES
- Zinzino increased its ownership in Faun Pharma AS in the first quarter of 2015 by 13.8 percent and now owned 98.8 percent of the company.
- The fully automatic, environmentally friendly espresso machine Ék-Oh was launched for sale in the countries we offer coffee. Alongside the launch of the new machine, Zinzino Coffee was launched as our own brand.
- Zinzino Lean Shake was launched – a new product within Zinzino Health. A healthy meal replacement for weight control and fitness that will help you lose weight, build muscle and balance your gut.
- Zinzino qualified for the ”First North Top 25” – as one of Nasdaq’s 25 largest and most actively traded companies on the Nasdaq First North.
- Zinzino opened for business in Canada with support from the USA office in Jupiter, Florida.
THANK YOU! 100,000 TIMES!
- Faun Pharma AS was certified ISO9001: 2008, which is the quality certification that opens up new sales channels and ensures high quality goods produced.
- Zinzino opened up for business in Germany with the Zinzino Health products.
- Zinzino expanded sales and pre-launched all EU countries.
- Zinzino Skin Serum – a 24-hour youth formula was launched.
- An important milestone was reached – 100,000 active customers!
…THE JOURNEY TO 1 MILLION CUSTOMERS CONTINUES
We look forward to the journey ahead. 2018 will be a year to remember as we aim for high goals!
INCREASED GROWTH AND INVESTMENT IN E-COMMERCE
- Zinzino BalanceOil Vegan was introduced – a new product in the Zinzino Health segment.
- Zinzino Viva was launched – a new product in the Zinzino Health segment.
- The launch of the educational mobile application Go Core was made.
- New payment solutions for Germany were launched through Giropay and SEPA direct debet.
- Zinzino welcomed Geir Smoland as new CEO at Faun Pharma.
BioActive Foods AS
IT´S ALL ABOUT BALANCE.
is a Norwegian limited company owned by Zinzino with a vision to become the world´s leading company to restore and maintain normal Omega-6/ Omega-3 fatty acid balance in individuals by offering documented dietary advice guide and high quality products.
MAKING BETTER PRODUCTS FOR BETTER DAYS
Faun Pharma AS was founded in 2001 and is a neutral and prestigious contract manufacturer for famous brands of dietary supplements, health foods, sports nutrition and cosmetics. Today, Faun is owned by Zinzino, and is also where many of the Zinzino products are manufactured.
Our products are very important and this is even more important.
We are dedicated to create a positive impact in the lives of children worldwide. Zinzino´s Foundations mission is to provide support
for programs that help boys and girls out of poverty and into education.
Over the years, Zinzino has supported a school in Karwi, India. One of the the students that is part of this program is 13 year old Chotu Kumar. This spring he was enrolled as a student at Ebenezer School, thanks to the charity project initiated by Glocal Aid and Zinzino Charity. Chotu is in the 8th grade and is thrilled with the equipment and school outfit he has received. READ MORE »
This fall he has been working hard to do his best in school, and the teachers report considerable improvement in his studies since he joined Ebenezer School. Choutu ´s father is a manual laborer working in the nearby villages. From this work, he has a very small income. But when he got to hear the news of the Ebenezer sponsorship program, he mustered the courage to get his son enrolled in school so that Chotu could have a brighter future. His father expresses great joy for the opportunity his son has been provided, and hopes to be able to send his younger children to school as well.