Zinzino’s BalanceTest is dry blood-spot test for home sample collection. Leading laboratories in the Nordic countries analyze the sample to determine your fatty acid profile as a reflection of your diet. It takes less than a minute to complete, and you can access your results online anonymously after about 20 business days.
BalanceTest measures 11 different fatty acids in the blood, which represents ca 98 % of the fatty acids present in the blood. The test results gives you information of the omega-3 level and the omega-6/omega-3 balance in your blood and diet.
BalanceTest not available in the state of New York.
After taking BalanceTest, start taking your daily dosage of Zinzinos BalanceOil or BalanceShake. Your test results will show you whether your diet is balanced or unbalanced in terms of essential fatty acids. Continue taking the Balance Products daily, and at the same time it is advised to eat a balanced and healthy diet and get regular physical activity. A three-step program is provided for guidance to achieve balance.
The three steps
1. It is advisable to eat a healthy and varied diet that includes fatty fish, vegetables, fruits, berries and whole grains. Reduce the intake of omega-6 rich plant oils and processed foods.
2. Take your daily dosage of Zinzino BalanceOil and Shake, which will provide you with the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, and polyphenols from extra virgin olive oil.
3. Physical activity is important for good health.
Learn more at www.ZinzinoTest.com.
How does it work?
new and simplified method for the analysis of fatty acids profile in the blood without lipid extraction has been discovered. This new method, that uses drops of blood collected from a fingertip (see picture below), has been compared to the conventional method of lipid analysis based on withdrawal of venous blood.
Full linearity in the gas chromatographic response of 11 individual fatty acids are maintained from C14 to C24 peaks with increasing sample size in the range 15-75 mcg. This new method for the analysis of fatty acids profile in the blood is approved for nutritional studies.
The fatty acids profile of blood lipids reflects dietary fat intake, and studies have shown that this profile is strongly related to health status. This is because the blood lipid profile represents the types of fats your body has to build into all cells and tissues, including cell membranes.
Thus, this new method for the analysis of fatty acids profile in the blood is applicable to nutritional studies. The 11 fatty acids are : Palmitic acid(PA), Stearic acid(SA), Oleic acid(OA), Linoleic(LA), Alpha-Linolenic acid(ALA), Gamma- linolenic acid(GLA), dihomoGamma-linolenic acid(DHGLA), Arachidonic acid(AA), Eicosapentaenoic acid(EPA), Docosapentaenoic acid(DPA), Docosahexaenoic acid(DHA).
Taking the test
1. Sign Release form on Sample Card. Affix barcode A in window A by Release statement. Never touch the test paper flaps on Sample Card. Retrieve copy of your unique Zinzino Test Code.
2. Choose a fingertip (ring finger recommended) and clean well with the alcohol pad. Allow fingertip to dry. To stimulate blood flow, hang hand at your side for 20 seconds and shake.
3. Open Sample Card containing two test papaer flaps. Do not touch the flaps with your fingers.
4. Take out the green, single-use lancet. Turn the narrow green plastic stopper ¼ turn counterclockwise. Pull out stopper and dispose. The lancet is ready to use.
5. Place the lancet on fingertip. Push the top of lancet against finger until you hear a click; the lancet automatically will make a small incision in the skin.
6. Place free-flowing drops of blood onto the two test paper flaps in Sample Card, without touching finger on paper. Insure blood has soaked through both flaps, at least 3 drops each.
7. Air-dry blood spots for 10 minutes before closing Sample Card. Affix barcode B in window B on Sample Card. Insert the Sample Card cover under edge to protect the two flaps of test paper. Never touch test paper.
8. Put the closed Sample Card into the metal bag and seal. Affix barcode C to the unmarked side of the metal bag.
9. Put both the sealed metal bag and the completed Laboratory Request form into the pre-addressed Balance Test return envelope and seal. Affix a U.S. postage stamp on the evenlope and mail.
10. Register your unique Zinzino Test ID number and anonymously fill out the information needed at www.zinzinotest.com After 20 days you use the same unique Zinzino Test ID no. to access yourBalance Test results at www.zinzinotest.com
The following information is only available in English
How do I take my BalanceTest?
Zinzino BalanceTest is a self-test for analyzing Omega3 & Omega6 and other fatty acids in your blood. All it requires is a drop of blood from your fingertip. Follow these instructions *link to: How to use in the Product Box of the Test in the Shop*.
Where is my test analyzed?
Your test is analyzed at Vitas
Vitas is a GMP certified chemical analysis contract lab, with 20 years experience in providing a high quality, custom chromatographic analytical service based on cutting-edge knowledge and technology.
Where do I find my test result?
- Go to www.zinzinotest.com
- Register your unique Zinzino Test ID number and fill out the information needed
After 20 days you use the same unique Zinzino Test ID number to access your Balance Test results at www.zinzinotest.com
How does the money back guarantee work?
The money back guarantee only counts if you as a customer have ordered a 6-months subscription that includes BalanceTest. If your value for the Omega 6:3-balance is 3:1 or better on your first test result, you as a customer may cancel your subscription and return your unused products to Zinzino (2 months’ supply of products). You will get your money for your start order back (Test 1
which you already used and 1 months’ supply of products is for free).
In the cases where the customer has purchased a subscription without any Test included, there will be no refund.
Refund policy does not apply to partners.
I lost my test ID, what do I do?
Your BalanceTest is an anonymous test and can therefore not be found or be sent out again.
Please contact our Customer Service and we will help you out in other ways
What is the postal cost of sending in my BalanceTest?
Put the correct amount of postage stamps on the envelope before you post it.
What is the test?Zinzino Balance Test is a dry blood sample test to use at home. It takes less than a minute to perform. A little prick in your finger by the enclosed needle and collect a few drops of blood on a filter paper in the test kit. The blood sample is sent to a certified laboratory for analysis, and you find your personal test results on www.zinzinotest.com The test analyzes 11 fatty acids in your blood that represents 98% of the fatty acids present in your blood. The fatty acid profile shown in your results reflects your diet in respect to fat intake. On your test result you find dietary indicators showing your omega-6 to omega-3 balance, the omega-3 (EPA+DHA) value, the efficiency of your body´s arachidonic acid (AA) formation, your cell membrane fluidity index among other. To learn more log in to www.zinzinotest.com and How to read your test result. The results will tell you whether you have an unbalanced, semi-balanced or balanced diet.
Is it important to do the test?
Before you know the results of your current diet, it is difficult to know exactly what your body lacks. In leadership, they teach that you first have to identify the problem and then find the best solution. This is also our philosophy. The test gives you an indication of what you need to change to achieve balance in your omega 6:3 ratio.
How is the test analyzed?The blood spot samples are analyzed by gas chromatographic/mass spectroscopy (GC/MS), which is the most common method for analysis of fatty acids.
What are the rules for use of Zinzino Balance Test?Zinzino Balance Test is a home test kit. You can use it at home, in a conference room or in your office. It is not approved for use in public places like a hotel lobby or a restaurant. Please respect that. Before you do the test, read the instructions, watch the instructional film and give yourself plenty of time until you feel confident at testing. It is recommended to use the ring finger and to take the test on the hand the individual is not using for writing. Only assist in testing if you are given permission. Remember to never touch the test paper to avoid contamination of the test. Help your customer to register the test code at zinzino.com. We also recommend that you collect the test envelope from your customer and ensure that postage is added on the envelope so you ensure that the test will be sent to the test lab as soon as possible.
What do I do if I haven´t achieved the recommended balance after 120 days?
First of all, make sure that you have taken the balance product daily, and that you have taken the right amount for your body weight. For oil the daily dosage is 0,15 ml x body weight. Ask the following questions:
- Has the oil been taken regularly each day between Test 1 and Test 2?
- Has the right amount of oil been taken in relation to body weight?
- Has anything changed in the diet during this period?
- Was there enough blood on the analysis test? Or has blood been "pressed" out? Important that it flows freely so the right blood quality comes out and that vacuum packaging is properly closed when it is shipped.
- Does the customer take any kind of medications? (this can affect the result)
If you have taken correct daily dosages for 120 days, answered “correct” on the above questions and are not totally in balance then increase your Balance Oil intake with 25% for around 2 months and take a new test. If you are still not in balance contact Zinzino customer service for more information.
Can I experience any reaction when achieving balance?
Most people feel an improvement in wellbeing after achieving balance. Temporarily, some peoples may be more tired for a period, before improvement in wellbeing.
How many tests have been analyzed at this point?Balance Test Results – October 2016 Over 110.000 first tests have been analyzed at Vitas. 75% do not take an Omega-3 supplement and have an average ratio of 12:1. 20% who take an Omega-3 supplement have an average ratio of 7:1. 5% only 5% have a ratio of 3:1 in Europe. Over 50.000 second tests have been analyzed at Vitas. 95% of those taking Zinzino Balance products have a ratio of near 3:1 after 120 days.
THE BALANCEOIL REALLY WORKS
Since starting on the Balance products I have felt better than ever. and have so much energy! It is the best thing I have ever done for my health - Angela, USA
Test 1: 65:1 – Test 2: 4.1:1
I WAS JUST A BIT EMBARRESED
Now I know that BalanceOil* really works, and that gives me a peace of mind and something to be proud of! - Karla, USA/Denmark
Test 1: 34.4:1 Test 2: 2.9:1
My test results came as an enormous surprise TO ME
My test-result really surprised me. After using the oil for 120 days I took my second test and my balance was now 2.5:1 - Henrik, Sweden
Test 1: 16:1 Test 2: 2.5:1
The test proves that it works
All my life I have made healthy- and home cooked food. I have also used different fish oils. I took my first test in Oct. 2012 and have used the BalanceOil ever since. I am very happy about the products and the test proves that it works. - Raisa, Finland
Test 1: 4.6:1 Test 2: 2.7:1
I have more energy!
Since I started to use BalanceOil I have felt great. My energy levels are up and I feel my immune system is stronger. Genetically my family has suffered a lot with heart conditions and I am happy to add a product to my diet that is good for the heart. I am very satisfied with Zinzino BalanceOil.
- Arja, Finland
Test 1: 7.9:1, Test 2: 2.9:1
BalanceOil has been so important to me
When I took my first BalanceTest I was not feeling my best. My energy levels were low and I was looking for a solution. I will forever be grateful for this product and will continue to apply it to my diet. If you haven´t tried the Balance product, I strongly recommend it. - Aina, Norway
Test 1: 12.4:1 Test 2: 2.0:1