Zinzino’s BalanceTest is dry blood-spot test for home sample collection. Leading laboratories in the Nordic countries analyze the sample to determine your fatty acid profile as a reflection of your diet. It takes less than a minute to complete, and you can access your results online anonymously after about 20 business days.
BalanceTest measures 11 different fatty acids in the blood, which represents ca 98 % of the fatty acids present in the blood. The test results gives you information of the omega-3 level and the omega-6/omega-3 balance in your blood and diet.
BalanceTest not available in the state of New York.
After taking BalanceTest, start taking your daily dosage of Zinzinos BalanceOil or BalanceShake. Your test results will show you whether your diet is balanced or unbalanced in terms of essential fatty acids. Continue taking the Balance Products daily, and at the same time it is advised to eat a balanced and healthy diet and get regular physical activity. A three-step program is provided for guidance to achieve balance.
The three steps
1. It is advisable to eat a healthy and varied diet that includes fatty fish, vegetables, fruits, berries and whole grains. Reduce the intake of omega-6 rich plant oils and processed foods.
2. Take your daily dosage of Zinzino BalanceOil and Shake, which will provide you with the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, and polyphenols from extra virgin olive oil.
3. Physical activity is important for good health.
Learn more at www.ZinzinoTest.com.
How does it work?
new and simplified method for the analysis of fatty acids profile in the blood without lipid extraction has been discovered. This new method, that uses drops of blood collected from a fingertip (see picture below), has been compared to the conventional method of lipid analysis based on withdrawal of venous blood.
Full linearity in the gas chromatographic response of 11 individual fatty acids are maintained from C14 to C24 peaks with increasing sample size in the range 15-75 mcg. This new method for the analysis of fatty acids profile in the blood is approved for nutritional studies.
The fatty acids profile of blood lipids reflects dietary fat intake, and studies have shown that this profile is strongly related to health status. This is because the blood lipid profile represents the types of fats your body has to build into all cells and tissues, including cell membranes.
Thus, this new method for the analysis of fatty acids profile in the blood is applicable to nutritional studies. The 11 fatty acids are : Palmitic acid(PA), Stearic acid(SA), Oleic acid(OA), Linoleic(LA), Alpha-Linolenic acid(ALA), Gamma- linolenic acid(GLA), dihomoGamma-linolenic acid(DHGLA), Arachidonic acid(AA), Eicosapentaenoic acid(EPA), Docosapentaenoic acid(DPA), Docosahexaenoic acid(DHA).
Taking the test
1. Sign Release form on Sample Card. Affix barcode A in window A by Release statement. Never touch the test paper flaps on Sample Card. Retrieve copy of your unique Zinzino Test Code.
2. Choose a fingertip (ring finger recommended) and clean well with the alcohol pad. Allow fingertip to dry. To stimulate blood flow, hang hand at your side for 20 seconds and shake.
3. Open Sample Card containing two test papaer flaps. Do not touch the flaps with your fingers.
4. Take out the green, single-use lancet. Turn the narrow green plastic stopper ¼ turn counterclockwise. Pull out stopper and dispose. The lancet is ready to use.
5. Place the lancet on fingertip. Push the top of lancet against finger until you hear a click; the lancet automatically will make a small incision in the skin.
6. Place free-flowing drops of blood onto the two test paper flaps in Sample Card, without touching finger on paper. Insure blood has soaked through both flaps, at least 3 drops each.
7. Air-dry blood spots for 10 minutes before closing Sample Card. Affix barcode B in window B on Sample Card. Insert the Sample Card cover under edge to protect the two flaps of test paper. Never touch test paper.
8. Put the closed Sample Card into the metal bag and seal. Affix barcode C to the unmarked side of the metal bag.
9. Put both the sealed metal bag and the completed Laboratory Request form into the pre-addressed Balance Test return envelope and seal. Affix a U.S. postage stamp on the evenlope and mail.
10. Register your unique Zinzino Test ID number and anonymously fill out the information needed at www.zinzinotest.com After 20 days you use the same unique Zinzino Test ID no. to access yourBalance Test results at www.zinzinotest.com