- Measurement of long term blood sugar levels
- Lifestyle assessment
- Includes a type 2 diabetes risk assessment
- Personal recommendations on how to improve your health status
- Track your progress
- Anonymous and clinically accurate test results from an independent and certified laboratory
1. Zinzino Test is an approved in vitro diagnostics product for personal blood sample collection at home. - First wash your hands with soap and rinse well with warm water and dry them.
2. Take out the sample card from the paper envelope. Save the envelope for later use. Tear off the SAVE part on the sample card and take a picture of the test ID. You can only see your test result with your anonymous test ID. Place the card with the two circles facing up on the table.
3. Stimulate blood flow by making big circles with your arm or shaking the hand downwards for 20 seconds.
4. Take out the single-use lancet. Remove the transparent safety cap and the lancet is ready to use. Use the alcohol wipe to clean the tip of your finger (middle finger is recommended). Place the lancet against the lower part of the fingertip facing the collection paper on the table. Push the top of the lancet towards the finger until you hear a click. The lancet will automatically make a small prick in the finger.
5. Do not touch the filter paper with your fingers.
6. Fill one circle at a time with blood. Squeeze your finger gently and wait for a drop of blood to fall inside the circle by itself. If one drop of blood does not cover the circle, allow one more drop from your finger to drip immediately. Leave the sample card in a horizontal position at room temperature for at least 10 minutes for the samples to dry well.
7. Insert the sample card back into the paper envelope. Then place the paper envelope into the metal bag and close it.
IMPORTANT: Do not remove desiccant packet inside the metal bag.
8. Place the closed metal bag into the big envelope with the laboratory address on it. NOTE! You must put the correct amount of postage stamps on the envelope before you put in the mail box. Register your test code on www.zinzinotest.com. This is the web page where you can see your test result later. It takes 10-20 days until your result is ready.
IMPORTANT: Keep the SAVE part of the card. You can only see your test result with your anonymous test ID.
9. The next step is to answer the lifestyle questionnaire by logging in with you annonymous test-ID. To be able to answer all the questions you will need to have access to a meaurement tape, and previous Balance and/or Vitamin D test-IDs.
10. How to measure your waist: – Place a tape measure around your middle, just above the belly button. – Make sure it’s pulled tight, but isn’t digging into your skin. – Breathe out naturally and take your measurement. – Take your measurement again, just to be sure.
If you do not have a tape measure, use a lace as you would the tape measure and measure the lace with a yardstick.
The test is divided into two main parts. First, the actual measurement is performed using an easy at-home, laboratory analyzed self-test for analyzing the long-term blood sugar level (HbA1c) found in capillary blood obtained from a fingertip using the Dried Blood Spot (DBS) technique. This technique is science proven to be as accurate as a venous blood sample when the long-term blood sugar level is analyzed. All it requires is a few drops of blood on a Whatman filter paper and it takes less than a minute to complete. The blood will then be analyzed by VITAS Analytical Services in Norway, one of the world’s leading laboratories within the area. The result will be displayed, after about 10-20 days, on the zinzinotest.com website using your personal, anonymous test ID. This measurement provides vital information regarding your current body’s ability to control blood sugar, because knowing your current levels will empower you to make positive choices, and take positive actions. In order to know which actions to take, the second part of the test is a lifestyle assessment. When logging in with the test ID, you will be asked to fill out a detailed questionnaire to perform the lifestyle assessment. This will provide the context, because information without context is often meaningless. The Zinzino lifestyle assessment will enhance your understanding of yourself, your health status, how your current lifestyle is shaping your future health, and most importantly guide you towards a brighter and healthier you in the years to come. To do this we combine your test result with your lifestyle assessment and score you how your current lifestyle is supporting the following areas for you to track over time:
– Overall health status
– HbA1c test analysis
– Risk of developing type 2 diabetes (taken from validated risk assessment questions)
– Immune function
– Brain function
– Gut function
– Bone & Joints
What we measure
The Hemoglobin A1c test that we are using to measure the long-term blood sugar level is a measurement of the amount of A1c hemoglobin proteins that have glucose attached. The higher the amount of blood glucose (blood sugar) on average, the more glucose there is attached. It is represented as a unit of measurement in mmol/mol (millimoles per mole) which has been the standard measurement for blood sugar levels since 2009. The result is then categorized in one of 4 different categories:
Normal range < 34 mmol/mol
Monitor closely range 34 – < 38 mmol/mol
Prediabetic range 38 – < 47 mmol/mol
Diabetic range > 47 mmol/mol
OBS! When being in a normal or monitor closely HbA1c range, the validated risk assessment of developing type 2 diabetes is presented, whereas if the levels are in the prediabetic range or above, the risk assessment is not presented since it is already advised to warrant action.
Certified test kit
The Zinzino Dried Blood Spot Test is certified to comply with the European regulation 98/79/EB on in vitro diagnostic (IVD) medical devices. This means the test and all its components are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and so the Kit has the CE mark on it.
1. Take your test Start by simply pricking your finger and putting 1–2 drops of blood on a filter paper.
2. Activate your test Register your test by entering your test ID and filling out the lifestyle questionnaire. All data is anonymous.
3. Wait for the analysis Vitas Analytical Services has more than 25 years of experience with cutting-edge knowledge and technology, which guarantees that they analyze your sample independently and protect your privacy.
4. Get your results Your results are accessible and shown in our easy-to-understand graphics within 10-20 days.
5. Start your journey Benefit from a clear starting point for your journey to better health. Gently modify and/or maintain your dietary and lifestyle choices for better health for life.
6. Track your progress Long-term blood sugar is sensitive to choices you make with regards to diet and activity on a daily basis. Such that, your results will change based on the choices you make. We recommend that you actively monitor these values based on your personal test recommendations to ensure that the choices you are making are the best choices for your health.
Vitas is a GMP-certified chemical analysis contract laboratory and recognized as a leading player within modern use of dried blood spot testing. They have 25+ years’ experience in providing high quality, custom chromatographic analytical service based on cutting-edge knowledge and technology. It originates from the Department of Nutrition, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, the largest department of nutrition in Europe.