15 food swaps you that will improve your health
Living well is simple. Consume nutrient-dense foods, move your body, sleep eight hours a night, and manage stress. Master these health pillars for the greatest results. Your food is the energy that powers your body’s engine driving exercise, helps you sleep, and regulates your emotions. Food is your lifeforce.
Boost your wellbeing, with these simple food swaps.
- Selzer, not soda: Avoid drinking your calories. Opt for a flavored seltzer or kombucha. You’ll still get that hit of bubbles.
- Coconut water, not milk: For lighter smoothies, use coconut water and a frozen banana instead of yoghurt and milk.
- Put ice in water: It’s refreshing, especially with a squeeze of lemon.
Sauces, Seasonings & Toppings
- Spices, not salt: Sprinkle in herbs and spices such as paprika, cumin, oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and chili flakes.
- Mustard, not mayo: Lather your sandwiches with mustard, pesto hummus, tzatziki, or hot sauce.
- Nuts, not granola: Layer your acai or yoghurt bowls with sliced, diced, or crushed nuts. Enjoy that crunchy texture, while avoiding hidden sugar in granola.
- Red wine vinegar and olive oil, not dressings: A splash of this duo will jazz up any salad. Try our R.E.V.O.O with a concentration of bioactive antioxidants that is 30 times higher than regular olive oil.
- Veggie chips, not crisps: Veggie ‘chips’ have less fat and are usually gluten-free. Look for a seasoned blend of potato, tomato, and spinach for a healthy food swap.
- Cook popcorn, don’t microwave: Use an air-dryer or the stovetop to make your popcorn.
- Cacao-dipped strawberries, not chocolate: For that after-dinner sweetness to contrast the savory, grab pre-made strawberries dipped in organic cacao.
- Dates, not candy: This superfood is nature’s ‘candy’ and the perfect food swap for a little sweetness.
- Icecream, without the cream: Frozen sliced bananas, cocoa powder, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix these ingredients in a blender, scoop it into a bowl and top with sprinkles, cacao nibs, fresh berries, and freeze!
Meals & Cooking Styles
- Open-faced sandwiches: Cut your bread consumption in half, save food, and get a cute picture for Instagram.
- Use an air fryer: Reduce your oil intake and cook meats and sides in an air fryer. Make sweet potato fries, salmon, chicken, roast vegetables, and stuffed peppers.
- Cauliflower, not grains: When you’re craving pizza, use cauliflower as the base. For rice meals, replace it with shaved cauliflower.
You don’t have to choose between health and tastebuds. There are more options than ever with healthier alternatives to your favorite foods. You don’t need to deprive yourself as you prioritize wellness.
The era of personalized nutrition
Until now, many personal health questions have remained unanswered. Advice has been generic, which makes it difficult to make informed decisions in everyday life.
HBA1C Test, Zinzino’s long-term blood sugar reading and lifestyle assessment provides personalized data to change your future. HBA1C includes a type 2 diabetes risk assessment, a health score, and personal recommendations on how to improve your overall health status.
Don’t leave your health hanging in the balance.
You’re in charge of your future. Now.